United Kingdom is a conglomeration of Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. The island country has been defining history for a number of years and is said to be the country of explorers. Entrepreneurship is all about exploring. Exploring the world around you and making the best use of everything that is available. This makes UK one of the most celebrated nations by Entrepreneurs.
As an entrepreneur, you have the following options for migration to UK under business visa:
- Tier 1 (Investor) Visa.
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa.
Tier 1 (Investor) Visa
Individuals looking to invest their money in UK need to apply through this visa.
- Disposable Net worth of At least 1 million GBP.
- Need to invest 750 thousand GBP in:.
- Private Companies.
- Unit Trusts.
- Prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in UK during the time of your visit.
- You must be employed as a manager of your fund only. You cannot take any other job while in UK.
- You need to spend a minimum of 50% of your time in UK.
- English Language Proficiency through IELTS.
- You can stay for up to 3 years with this visa initially.
- You may apply for an extension of up to 2 years.
- After 5 years of stay, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, a.k.a., permanent residency.
- Your partners and children can accompany you to UK and live and work there as well.
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
Setting up or acquiring a business in UK makes you eligible for this program. You must also be willing to participate actively in the daily management of the business activities.
Eligibility Criteria for UK Business Migration
- Score at least 95 points through the various parameters.
- Meet minimum English Language Proficiency.
- At least 16 years of age.
- At least 50,000 GBP as investment funds.
- Enough funds to support yourself financially during your stay in UK.
- Create full time employment for 2 EEA citizens.
- A comprehensive and viable business plan.
- English Language proficiency tested through IELTS.
- You will be awarded a 2 year stay in UK.
- You may feel free to apply for an extension of up to 3 years.
- You will be eligible to apply for permanent residency after 5 years of stay in UK.
- Your children and partner can accompany you to UK through this Visa.
You need to provide an overseas criminal record certificate from every country you have stayed in for 12 months or more within 10 years of applying for this visa. These police check certificates can be collected from the local police stations of the countries you had put up in. You must also meet the health requirements.