New Zealand Tourist or Travel Visa
Visa Bureau is not affiliated with the New Zealand Government but is an independent UK company. NZ visas are available from the NZ Government at a lower cost when you apply directly. Our comprehensive visa and immigration services include immigration advice from registered migration agents, an exceptional success rate, document checking and visa processing.
In some cases, you may not need to apply for a Visitor Visa to travel to New Zealand.
You will not need a Tourist Visa if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen or you hold a New Zealand Residence Permit;
- An Australian citizen, or Australian resident who holds a current permanent Resident Return Visa (temporary or provisional Resident Return Visa holders will need a visa to enter New Zealand);
- A British citizen or a traveller holding a British passport who has the right to live in the United Kingdom (eligible for a Visitor’s Permit for up to 6 months); or
- Visiting New Zealand for no more than 3 months and you are a citizen of a country which has a visa waiver agreement with New Zealand.
If you do not qualify as one of the above, and you wish to travel to New Zealand, you will need to obtain a Visitor’s Visa. This is a multiple-entry visa valid for a maximum of 9 months within an 18 month period.
Travel to New Zealand as a visitor must be to:
- Visit as a tourist, see friends and relatives;
- Study (one course of up to 3 months);
- Play sport or perform in cultural events without pay;
- Undertake a business trip; or
- Undertake medical treatment.
You must also:
- Have a passport that’s valid for at least 3 months past the date you are to leave New Zealand;
- Be a genuine tourist, and can show evidence of your intention to leave.
- Provide proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay.
Business people travelling to New Zealand for less than 3 months may enter the country as a tourist, however, if they need to stay longer or plan to work in this time they will need to apply for a Work Visa and Permit.
Visa to Visit New Zealand
If you wish to visit New Zealand for a period longer than 3 months as a tourist, you will need to apply for a Visitor’s Visa.
You may apply for a Visitor’s Visa if:
- You are outside New Zealand and need a visa to travel to New Zealand.
- You are inside New Zealand and need to go out and then re-enter New Zealand.
- You are a visa waiver visitor and wish to stay longer than the set time granted on arrival.
Visitor’s Visas are valid for 9 months in an 18 month period. Under certain circumstances you may be eligible to extend your 9 month stay by a further 3 months.
To extend your Visitor’s Visa, you will have to show that during your stay:
- You have supported yourself financially, and have enough money to continue supporting yourself; and
- You have not worked, been sponsored, or held a Student Permit.
If you have already stayed in New Zealand for 9 months or more, you will need to remain out of the country for the same amount of time you visited (or longer) before you can again return as a visitor.
You must also be able to meet all health and character requirements to be granted a visa for your visit to New Zealand.
For More Details
For More Details or any query please Contact us !